married life

married life

Friday, December 6, 2013

7 of 31: Present

Day Seven
What present have you received that you remember the most? Good or bad
To start from the beginning start here

This question only has one answer for me. Of course I could say my American Girl doll, bike (which was pretty memorable), deep freezer, or diamond ring for my wedding but as weird as it sounds it was a glass gum-ball machine my Grandma and Papa gave me. I wish I could say it was memorable because I used it so much or it was my favorite gift, but it's because once I opened it my Dad told me to be careful and not play with it. Well not even 2 minutes later when he left the room, I picked it up to play move it, and I dropped the base of it on the glass bowl and shattered it! I was so upset that I don't even think my parents had the heart to get mad at me or tell me 'I told you so'. It was so heartbreaking to not even be able to put gum-balls in it and use it and still till this day wish I would have listened to my Dad and not played with it:( You can bet I will be getting my child a glass glum-ball machine sometime during their childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment