married life

married life

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Corn Round Two

Yay we have finished freezing corn! Not to toot my own horn...but TOOT TOOT!! This corn is amazing and tastes so good. We froze over 200 bags and I already know we are going to eat our share of it pretty fast. Soups, tacos, cowboy caviar, casseroles, or just plain...you name it, I'll be using this corn as much as I can. We did it a little different this year and I'm so glad we did
Husk the corn
Clean them
Cut kernels off of cob 
3.5 tablespoons of butter in electric skillet
Sautee corn for 7 minutes (8 cobs at a time)
Unplug skillet
Add 1 tbsp. salt & 1/8 tsp. pepper
Mix and let cool
Place 1.5 cups of corn into zip lock bags
Place into freezer
The next day vacuum seal the zip lock baggies.





No comments:

Post a Comment