married life

married life

Monday, November 11, 2013

Operation: Become Crafty

I wish I was more crafty
 I wish I had the knack for creating one of a kind things
 I wish I was creative

But man am I working on it! Anna and I took a try at this lamp she had at her house, it was cute before but just a little outdated. So we decided What the heck, it can't be that hard? Right? Well much to our surprise #1 We did it. #2 We actually completed it, without getting frustrated. #3 We hit some speed bumps, but it didn't stop us. #4 We learned as we went, and already know how to do better next time. And most importantly #4 We enjoyed it, well most of it

Unfortunately we didn't take pictures of each step, but the gist of it was:
-We removed the old fabric from the old lamp shade and undid the shape, leaving us with a flat frame to cover in the new fabric. We covered one side, folding the fabric over a couple inches on the other side. We used adhesive glue, which seemed to work really well.


-Once the frame of the lamp shade was covered in our new fabric, we hot glued it back together to form the circle. 
-Once the shade has its old shape back we glued ribbon over the wire frame around the inside of the top and bottom to give it a nice finished look


-We spray painted the base with a matt silver color and that was it! It was time to set up the new lamp and enjoy! We already have a list of more projects we want to tackle, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment