married life

married life

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Wonderful Weekend In Bend

Last weekend was probably one of the best weekends we have had in a long time! We spent all weekend with family and some of our closest friends. We headed to bend early Friday afternoon and meet up with my cousin Eric and his girlfriend Jessica, who were nice enough to let us crash with them all weekend. Our first activity was dinner & drinks at Red Robin before Eric had his disc golf tourney, then Naa was a kid in a candy shop at the Sportsman's Warehouse while Jessica and I headed to Target! We looked at swimsuits, dresses and shoes, but spent most of our time in the Baby section...luckily Jessica is like I am in this department, and can spend hours browsing the baby section 'Oohing and Ahhing' at every little thing we see. I can only imagine when one of us gets preggo we will be loving life hanging out in the baby departments of every store together! Friday night ended perfectly with a bottle of wine, beers for the guys, Rummikub and Duck Dynasty.

Saturday us four went out to breakfast and started the day off right with Mimosa's and Bloody Mary's. Then it was off for a nice little stroll through Drake Park while we froze our butts off! We then headed to meet up with everyone at the Spring Festival...the weather heated up, great music was being played, I had wine in my hands and I was surrounded by people I love. It was so great being around everyone, and watch us pick up right where we left off. Naaman introduced me to a great group of guys in college, and I honestly couldn't think of a better group of boys. I always love seeing the boys get together, and honestly wish it happened more often. Thankfully we spent all night together, eating great food and bar hopping.....shots were taken, pool was played, dance parties formed, lunch boxes were chugged, giggles didn't stop, people were cut off, shots of water were taken, people were thrown out of the bar, champagne bottles were poppin, memories were made, and heart to heart conversations took place. So we pretty much acted like we were in college again, but realized next time we all get together we would rather just hang out at a house...yes we are growing up!

I am so upset I didn't get more pictures of this wonderful weekend, but having a phone that doesn't take pictures kind of makes it hard! Unfortunately I didn't get a single pictures of Brittany's baby shower. I am kicking myself in the butt...the shower was so cute.

Needless to say last weekend was a weekend for the books, and I can't wait to see everyone again! When everyone was eating dinner, drinking and catching up, Eric leaned over to me saying "your wedding is going to be epic if all these people are going to be there!" and he is so right!






No comments:

Post a Comment