married life

married life

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Proposal 5/30/2012

Its been a week since Naaman got down on one knee, and I still catch myself staring at my ring, getting butterflies when he calls me his fiancĂ©, and daydreaming about our wedding! It was perfect in each and every way, and I am so beyond blessed to be taking this next step in life with Naaman by my side.

I never thought in a million years Naaman would surprise me or catch me off guard when he popped the question, but boy was I wrong! I was in shock, crying like a baby, and speechless that I actually forgot to say yes! 


May 30th is a day I will never forget: It went a little something like this.....
Just like every other morning in Lake Havasu we got up, ate breakfast, packed lunches and headed out to the water! It was a gorgeous day and all we wanted to do was play in the water. Gracie and Clancey went on the tube for awhile and then we all took a boat ride to London Bridge! We docked the boat on a little beach and all did our own things, I was sitting on a chair in the water reading a book. Naaman then walked up to me and asked if I wanted to go for a walk to the bathroom, so I got up, put my book down and started walking. We walked hand-in-hand along the canal and stopped to look at some fish that were swimming in the water. I am not sure what came over me (I hadn't talked about us getting married let alone thought about it the whole time we were there) but I just looked at him and said "Naaman I am so ready to marry you!"  ( I use to say that to him all the time, and I would always get "I know, when the time is right" or " Me too, but we need to wait just a little longer" or "We've almost saved up enough money") So I was surprised when he said "Really?!!!" with this little smirk on his face. Next thing I know he is on one knee asking for my hand in marriage, and all I could do was cry! I am pretty sure I shook my head yes but no words would come out! After he slipped the ring on my finger and we had a little hug, people from across the canal started yelling and congratulating us, and cheering with beers. I had no idea people were watching us, but I guess we were putting on a little show! 

I don't exactly remember what all Naaman said, I think I kinda went into my own little world there for awhile. But once we made it back to everyone, he said to me " you know you actually never said yes to me!" and of course I then said yes a hundred times! 

The funny part about this was everyone knew but me. Amy, Ben, and the girls knew and my whole family was waiting for my call to tell them! I am so excited to start this next chapter in life we Naaman, and I can only imagine the memories we are going to make!




No comments:

Post a Comment