married life

married life

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Wedding Wednesday

Yep thats right...it's Wednesday! The day of the week I'll be most excited about for the next 365 days. Since we got engaged Naaman and I have been having wedding Wednesday's. It is perfect for us and has been a life saver I think. For all of you who know Naaman and I, you won't be surprised to hear that I could easily drive him crazy with 24-7 wedding talk; questions, statements, thoughts, and ideas!

Do you like this color?

Or this one?

 Do you want to wear a tux or suit? 

Thin or thick tie? 

Do you like this shade of green or this one? 

Where do you want to go on our honeymoon? 

Do you like this photographer?

You're saying yes, but do you really like them, as in their style, how they capture the moment, the way they use the lighting?

 How many groomsmen are you going to have? 

What vibe are you wanting for the reception? 

If you could use one word to describe our dream wedding what would it be? 

 Do you like these flowers, or love these ones?

 And trust me the list could go on and on and on.  Before we even started talking wedding we came up with this Wedding Wednesday. He gives me around an hour every Wednesday to talk about everything I have been thinking about and taking notes on since the Wednesday before. If we didn't do this, I know I would drive him cRaZy with all my random questions and suggestions. And by the time he has a week breather, he is ready for me to start at it again:)

Throughout the week I make mental notes, notes in my phone and scribble notes here or there in my wedding planner. He thinks I am crazy, but man you have to be on your toes if you are wanting to get married in Hood River. I have only been planning and working on our wedding for a little over a month, and have already been shocked at how many brides are on top of it.
  • We contacted Hood River Inn to book the Gorge room for the reception the beginning of June and we got the l.a.s.t weekend in July! Over a year in advance, and July 2013 is already all booked. And it isn't like when you google places to have your reception at in HR, the gorge room pops up, so I can't imagine how far in advance the wedding venues booked up
  • I called to book Frank with bust-a-move DJ service July 15th and they all ready had 35 weddings booked for August. Who are these brides? Its crazy but guess you gotta be organized and get stuff done if you want the good vendors
Speaking of good vendors, we don't have a photographer booked yet? Yikes, I know right. Kinda stressing out now, but my goal is to have one booked by the end of July. I have contacted two photographers and they are already booked. We liked Kimberly Kay and Mosca. I really like Jim Semlor but I really want to go with a photographer that has two people working the wedding. That is my main request because I want to get my Dads face walking me down the aisle and Naamans face. So in order to do that I need two people shooting the wedding. So I guess I better get to researching!

So welcome to my Wedding Wednesday's...for the next year you will be seeing a alot of these posts, so get ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment