married life

married life

Monday, July 30, 2012

Another wonderful weekend in the books!

Friday we attended the Hood River County Fair Auction, well I attended and Naaman was a spotter...And a mighty cute one I must say! We had a great time at the fair and can't wait till next year!


Saturday Anna and I were wedding coordinators for a wedding at the Balch Hotel. It's funny, you think that it would be so fun and excited to coordinator a wedding, but I'm here to tell you it's hard work!!! Especially if they have 101 different decorations.

The wedding this weekend turned out great but made me realize I do not want a lot of nick-nacks, decorations, clutter or anything of that sort! Flowers, lights, flowers, maybe a couple more flowers, fabric and flowers is enough for me!!! It was crazy, this bride must has gone to 20 different wedding blogs and picked one decorating idea from each an used them! But glad she did, because it made me realize I don't want that!


But along with the bad comes the good! She had a great idea of having a mad libs on the backside of her menus! I can only imagine what our friends and family would come up with. Also I fell in love head-over-heels in love with the paper straws she had..and I found some in our colors!


Sunday MB and I headed to Portland and she met with a Bride in the morning, while I took a cat nap in the truck! Then it was off for some shopping....ah, correction, it was more like browsing! Surprisingly we didn't really buy much of anything but we did find a lot of things we loved.

We went to Home Goods and Marshalls and found some super cute chairs that would look great in the lounge I want to do for our wedding. But we were on our way to Target to pick up these chairs


But when we got to target and saw them they didn't exactly look how the pictures did. They looked cheap and had more of a brown tint. So needles to say, we are still in search of the perfect chairs! 


After we got home from Portland, I headed to the movies with Anna and Bella for Bella's first movie experience. It was so great seeing her at the movie, she loved every minute of it. She thought it was the coolest thing to be able to pick out her own candy and scoop it herself. Her eyes were glued to the screen, while her little hands dipped into the popcorn bag and she stole sips of soda.  She was on the edge of her seat the whole time and completely focused on the movie! Can't wait to see a next movie with her:)

No comments:

Post a Comment