married life

married life

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Wedding Thus Far

One of the joys of having a personal blog is not only to share your life events with others but to keep track of all you have done and to look back on your experiences and memories. I have decided to keep up with posts on our wedding. I would love to look back in the next couple years to see all of the little decisions, personal touches and events that happened in the planning of our big day. So with his being said, lets catch up on what we have done so far...it isn't much, and we haven't got to the exciting part of planning yet, but we are almost there.

So we have picked a day, July 27th, 2013 as of today we only have 380 days until I become Mrs. Smith, how crazy and exciting is that? I just keep thinking on how fast this past year has gone, and it makes me a little nervous that we only have a little over a year. But I am going to do my best to get everything done (at least the big things and the things that take time) at least a month before the wedding. Because i d.o.n.t w.a.n.t s.t.r.e.s.s! That is when the Bridezilla in me will come out, and I am going to do everything in my power to steer clear of that lil' monster. Anna and I have watched too many bridal shows, so i know that is something that I don't want! And besides Anna has already told me a time or two that she will put me in my place if I start:)

Other then the date, we have reserved St. Mary's Catholic Church for our ceremony and the Gorge Room at the Hood River Inn for our reception. As yes, that is the same venues as MB's wedding, but the gorge room is the venue that works best for us. I have chosen my bridesmaids....yep all 10 of them. Yes you heard that correct...I am having 10 of my closest family and friends standing by my side as I marry my best friend. At first I was a little hesitant, but Aunt Staci brought up a good point, she said "you should be honored and lucky that you have 10 girls that are so close to you, that you can't imagine getting married without them by your side!" and since that conversation I haven't second guessed my decision at all. We are still working on Naamans side:)

We have looked over invitations and save the dates just to get an idea of the style we are going for. And I had some of the best help while looking at the invitations!


Lou-Lou liked any invitation that had pockets...Maybe I'll take her advice and get pocket invitations:)


We have also agreed on colors! We found this chair months ago, before we got engaged and for some reason it just spoke to me. I made my mom take a picture and then kind of forgot about it. Well then time came to start throwing around ideas for our wedding colors and this chair popped back into my mind. I really wanted to try and incorporate green into our wedding, naamans favorite color is lime green, and if he could have it his way our wedding would look like someone puked lime green everywhere. So from the very beginning my goal was trying to focus on a color scheme that Naaman personally liked, and wasn't just giving me the okay to make me happy. So we agreed on chartreuse and charcoal. I think we will incorprate different shades of green but this is our table liens and napkins.





The only other thing we have done so far was asked the girls to be my bridesmaids. I've always been the type of person that likes to make others feel special; from leaving someone a random note on their car, sending a random card in the mail, to just randomly sending an 'i miss you' text. I have never been afraid of expressing my feeling so i wanted to make sure asking these girls was something special. I racked my brain for weeks on how I was going to do it. I finally came up with the idea of mailing each girl a box with a cookie and personal note. They turned out better then what I envisioned and Lindsay with frosted made me the perfect cookie to finish my vision.



Well thats where we are so far on the wedding. I am sure there will be posts on and off throughout this next year, so you better be ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment