married life

married life

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Winter Wonderland

We had a white Christmas this year, waking up Christmas morning to the most beautiful sight! There were so many things that made this a Christmas to remember besides the snow; it was my first year using face time to be with family members and it was the first Christmas Naaman and I spent together! I know crazy right, this year was the first time we spent Christmas together since we met in 2004! Holidays are such an important thing for me that I never wanted to leave my parents, sister, aunts, uncles, Papa and cousins so we just never spent Christmas with each others families until now! I guess we are getting a feel for what it will be like when we are married:) So how did I celebrate my last Christmas being a single woman (okay not really single!), well of course wine tasting on Christmas Eve!




Last year was the first year of going wine tasting on Christmas Eve and we made it a tradition this year. Last year MB, Joe's mom and I had some time to kill before we headed up to my parents so we decided to stop by a winery and have a glass of wine. Well it was so much fun that we knew we wanted to do it this year. After wine tasting it was off to my parents for Christmas Eve and spend the night to wake up together in the same house for Christmas. Christmas Eve we had my mom's famous clam chowder and had some great friends stop by to say hi; Gordie & the Monahans! 

There is nothing like being home for Christmas surrounded by family, especially at my parents house! Their house turns into this magical place, always decorated amazing, perfect tree with some of Granny's ornaments, delicious smells coming from the kitchen, dog running around (6 this year!) and love all around. 








And if you can't be with the ones you love during Christmas the next best thing is face time! Thankfully I got to talk to everyone on my dads side and see Taylor open her Graduation present. In our family when you graduate college you get a gun, so we all got to watch her open her gift.









Some lil' doggie wouldn't sleep upstairs Christmas Eve, and insisted sleeping by the tree. He was too cute to be mad at, so I gave in and slept on the couch!






No comments:

Post a Comment