married life

married life

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

My Dad's Dream.....

I am almost positive that the events that took place last weekend were ones my Dad never saw coming.. He was hunting with both of his daughters!!! Dear Ol' Dad was blessed with two daughters, and no little boy to take fishing, rope, or go on manly hunts with. I am the closest thing he has to a boy, so I took one for the team many years ago and tried to do all those things! Minus the roping part; good thing Naaman loves to rope and enjoys it just as much as Dad. Usually it's me who's standing along side Dad for these sorts of activities but this time it was both of us.

This last weekend Dad, MB, Joe, Naaman and I packed up his truck (Yep, we broke in his new truck and took it for a road trip!) and headed to Monument where Joe's family has property! You can't pass up a weekend of hunting, family bonding, and memories...especially when you have a roof to sleep under, running water, a shower, toilet, and Direct TV!  So we got to the cabin which is still being built and unpacked our stuff and were out the door for our first hunt! No luck the first time, but we headed back to the cabin to meet Uncle Jerry and Eric who were coming for the weekend too...and of course start dinner! But we had a nice little surprise....no running water! Which isn't too bad until you experience the harsh reality of n.o b.a.t.h.r.o.o.m, yep it was outside in the snow for us! So it was a rough weekend in that department for us, but hey we had Direct TV!

It was a weekend full of so many great memories and I am so glad we all went. Defiantly can't wait to go again
Unlimited laughs
Rummy games
Wine
Beer
Sparkling cider for the Dads
Melting snow to wash dishes
Seeing a big horned sheep
Not wearing makeup or caring how we look for a whole weekend
Sleeping on a cot in front of the crackling fire
Developing a great appreciation for a working toilet
Watching MB's face as they skin the Elk
Sitting in the snow and taking in the view
Breaking in my new boots with the HOURS of hiking we did
Learning that packing out your kill isn't really all that fun
Packing out the head weighs more then I thought
Watching it snow real snowflakes (they looked fake)
Bonding with MB & Dad
Spending time with Uncle Jerry & Eric
Watching Joe & Naa build the wall
And simply making memories with the ones I love



































Since you made it through all those pictures (I know I went a little crazy), I thought I would reward you all with viewing the best picture from the entire weekend. Let me give you a little backstory first, because I am sure many stories would be made up from this picture. #1 the picture is of Joe, he would be the only person to take a picture like this. #2 Everyone was hot and started sweating while gutting, skinning, hacking off limbs and whatever else took place, so Joe took off his big jacket and unzipped his  fleece. (Stop guess, you have no idea where this is going) #3 Naaman thought it would be funny to lay the hide on the ground because it actually looked like a rug, and he said that MB could put it in their house. #4 It all went downhill from there...

1 comment:

  1. I love this!! Thanks for sharing your Monument experience! I still don't even have one of my own :(

    ReplyDelete